Monday, May 4, 2009

NSD Challenges hosted by the Pink Stamper

These are some of the challenges I did for the Pink Stamper's (if you have not checked out her blog yet, you are missing out...she is one talented girl and her videos are great!) NSD (National Scrapbooking Day) event. She had 10 in all, but I only had time to complete 3 of them...

Challenge #1: Color challenge - make something using brown and pastel. This is a gate card I made using a MS edge punch, Polka Dot Punches SU! stamp, M's flower ribbon, and SU! word window punch. I love "latte" and greens together...those were my wedding colors! :)
Challenge #4: Make a Mother's Day Card
This was perfect timing for this challenge since Mother's Day is next Sunday. Here's another gate card I made with my Crafter's Companion (I still need to make the matching envelops)! I heat embossed SU! "frames with a flourish" and then used SU! "lovely letters" to spell out "MOM." I then cut them out and used dimensionals to adhere them to the card. I used the 2 step stamping process with SU! "simply said" set for the 3 hearts and cut those out for the opposite side, along with some pretty pink and black ribbon. The "MOM" letters are also heat embossed in a glittery shimmer.Challenge #10: Make something using a circular shape.
I made these two pretty tulips with my new SU! scalloped oval punch and large oval punch. I added some yellow and orange peel stickles on the tulips and a "thank you" stamp from the SU! "short and sweet" set (this is such a simple set, yet it's great for so many different projects and events). The stems are hand stitched which really did not take all that long to do. The bottom is accented with a strip of green ribbon decorated with a few skittles.

No comments:

Post a Comment