Friday, May 1, 2009

Cute Little Nugget Purses

I CASEd (copy and steal everything) this project from a fellow SU! demo (thanks, Tee!). These were so cute and I just had to make them, too. Inside each of these little "nugget" purses is a Hershey's chocolate nugget. The stamp set used is Eastern Blooms (though so many SU! sets would work great on this project) on Whisper White cs and I added a little twist to mine by giving it a scalloped purse flap. Enjoy!

UPDATE - I received a few questions on how to make these. These are easy and fun to do and I just made my measurements based around the Hershey nugget candy. Other candies would be cute in this project, too, but here are the measurements using the good ole' Hershey nugget:

For each purse, you will need a 1.5" (wide) by 5" (long) section of paper or cardstock. I recommend you use cardstock since it's heavier and will hold up better in the long run. You will be able to get 10 sections out of one 8.5" x 11" sheet. Feel free to stamp images on it or leave it as it, especially if it's patterned paper or cs. Also, feel free to use a border edge punch for a decorative purse flap. Score at 1.5", 1", and again at 1.5". Fold at the scored lines. Pierce holes to pull ribbon through on the top for your purse handle. I found it easiest if I tied a knot at one end of the ribbon and pulled it up through the first hole, down the second hole, and then tie the remaining knot. I used my Crop-A-Dial to punch a hole for brad to be used as the purse's closure. Before closing the purse, I used adhesive to secure the nugget in the purse. Ta-da, there's your nugget purse. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment